Good Governance / ACTION VISEGRAD SEE - Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in South-East Europe / Events
Invitation to the final conference ACTION SEE Visegrad: Road to Good Governance
On 22 February 2017 (Wednesday), at the Holiday Inn hotel in Skopje, the final conference within the framework of the project ACTION SEE Visegrad – Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in South-East Europe titled Road to Good Governance will take place.
Guest speakers at the conference will be H.E. Christine Althauser, PhD, Ambassador of Germany in Macedonia, H.E. Mr. Jacek Multanowski – Ambassador of Poland in Macedonia, representatives of the project partners from the Visegrad group: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland, as well as representatives of the partner organizations from the Balkan countries: Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Additionally, the conference will see the presentation of roadmap for implementation of good governance principles in the Western Balkans – Road to Good Governance.
Two panel discussions: Good Practices from the Visegrad Group and the Balkan Region as well as Availability of Data and Research on Good Governance will take place at the conference.
Everybody interested can apply for participation by filling the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/MNJAG7P1EPJNxVPO2 not later than Monday, 20 February 2017.
In the Western Balkans, citizens and CSO insufficiently use good governance ICT tools developed by other organizations and the state, due to the lack of awareness and skills.
Furthermore, they have been discouraged to use them because of the perception that their contribution won’t make any real difference. Besides, public institutions insufficiently use ICT’s potential in order to become more accountable and to include citizens.
ACTION VISEGRAD SEE project, supported by the Visegrad Fund, aims at contributing toward overcoming these impediments via association of CSOs and institutions from the region as well as via emphasizing the good practices from the V4 countries and the Western Balkans.
The ACTION VISEGRAD SEE project objective is to promote a dynamic civil society that effectively mobilizes citizens for active engagement on good governance issues within the context of EU accession, and influences policy and decision-making processes at national and regional level in Western Balkans.
Final conference – Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in South-East Europe
22 February 2017 – Holiday Inn, Millennium 2 hall, Skopje, Macedonia
09:30 – 10:00 Registration and welcome coffee
10:00 – 10:30 Opening Session
- H.E. Mr. Jacek Multanowski – Ambassador of Poland to Macedonia
- H.E. Christine Althauser, PhD, Ambassador of Germany to Macedonia
- Bardhyl Jashari – executive director, Metamorphosis Foundation
10:30 – 11:10 Presentation of roadmap for implementation of good governance principles in the Western Balkan countries – Road to Good Governance
11:10 – 12:40 Panel 1: Good Practices from the Visegrad Group and the Balkan Region
- Krzysztof Madejski – Epanstwo Foundation – Poland
- Danijela Bozovic – Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability – Serbia
- Aida Ajanovic – WhyNot? – Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Ildiko Kovacs – Atlatszo – Hugary
12:40 – 13:00 Coffee break
13:00 – 14:00 Panel 2: Availability of Data and Research on Good Governance
- Tamara Resavska, Metamorphosis Foundation – Macedonia – Follow up activities Regional Action SEE Network: Openness Index
- Milena Gvozdenovic, Center for Democratic Transition – Montenegro – Availability of data and Improvement of performance of institutions
- Elena Ristovska, Center for Civil Communications – Macedonia – Importance of openness of public procurements system for good governance
- Tatiana Žilková, Pontis Foundation – Slovakia – Cooperation between civil sector, institutions and private sector
- Dimitar Tanurov, META News Agency – Openness of institutions: journalistic experience
14:00 – 14:10 Conclusions and closing
14:10 – 15:10 Lunch