Metamorphosis Foundation for Internet and Society is hiring Social Accountability and Human Rights Program Manager
Through its programs – Social Accountability and Human Rights Online – Metamorphosis Foundation for Internet and Society is committed to strengthening civil sector’s role in the process of increasing the transparency and accountability of state institutions, local self-government and the private sector as well as promoting the right to freedom of expression, educating about the right to privacy, tackling hate speech online. The activities implemented by Metamorphosis within these programs seek to create an environment in which citizens’ voice will impact problem-solving, provide information and tools for demanding accountability and improve citizens’ relationship with and trust in institutions.
Program Manager’s responsibilities
- To monitor the current events and development processes in the areas of good governance and promotion and protection of human rights online;
- To do regular program planning, assessment of potentials risks during the implementation of activities and plan for overcoming the detected risks;
- To lead and encourage effective implementation of projects in the areas of Social Accountability and Human Rights Online;
- To plan and monitor all activities required for fulfilling the program and strategic goals, including Metamorphosis’ Action Plan and Strategy;
- To lead the implementation of the Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in SEE project;
- Advantage will be given to candidates with experience in EU and USAID funded projects.
The Program Manager will report directly to Metamorphosis Foundation’s Program Director.
Within this program, the Program Manager will play a key role in planning, coordinating and implementing day to day activities of projects on good governance, capacity building of civil society organizations and institutions. He/she will have regular communication with the project partners, provide timely coordination and reporting on all activities and will propose new approaches and strategies for meeting the objectives of projects he/she is engaged for.
Required conditions and personal skills
- Completed higher education;
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing projects in the areas of social responsibility, good governance, and protection of human rights online;
- Ability to lead a team;
- Analytical skills and readiness for learning;
- Positive attitude and ability to work with strict deadlines;
- Excellent command of the Macedonian language (oral and written);
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written);
- Willing to travel for business in the country and abroad.
Holding a B driver’s license will be considered an asset.
Type of engagement
The Program Manager will sign a fixed-term contract of 12 months, with the possibility to be extended.
All interested candidates that meet the criteria above should send a CV and short cover letter. Applications should be emailed at email@example.com not later than 29 March 2019.
Metamorphosis Foundation believes that by emphasizing our commitment to gender equality, we will maximize project effectiveness, strengthen our organization, enhance programme resources, improve coordination with internal and external partners. In Metamorphosis, we commit to fully comply with national gender-related and labour laws and policies, promote gender equality in access to opportunities for training, education, participation in decision making and ensure that the contributions of both women and men are visible and valued.