Open Call: Funding Options Research Study Consultancy Services – Metamorphosis Foundation
The Foundation for Internet and Society, Metamorphosis is seeking consultancy services to conduct a research study on funding options for civil society organizations in the Western Balkans region, with a specific focus on Macedonia. The research study and its findings will be used as a base in the process of developing a three year strategic plan for the Metamorphosis Foundation.
The Metamorphosis Foundation is an independent organization, working in Macedonia and in the wider European home since 2007. Metamorphosis’s team is composed of committed democracy activists, united in common cause and the common values of mutual accountability, open communication and an unshakeable commitment to universal human rights and democracy.
Metamorphosis Foundation works on strengthening the awareness and capacity of citizens and civil society to assume their fullest possible role as activists for democracy, while supporting government to fulfil its democratic role in serving society.
Metamorphosis started a process of developing a program, organizational and institutional strategy in order to guide the Foundation for the coming three years. Significant part of the strategic plan will be dedicated to diverse funding opportunities in order to support the mission through which we envisage a society where engaged and aware citizens are actively using innovative tools to exercise their civic rights and responsibilities; vigilant in influencing and holding their government to account, and thus ensuring democratic, accountable, and responsive governance.
Therefore, one of the research studies that we require in the strategic planning process is related to funding options. Being fully aware of the ever-changing funding environment in Macedonia and the Western Balkans, apart from researching the available donor funding options in the region, we are open to consideration of other ways of funding our work, i.e. sponsorships, government funding and small grants options.
The purpose of this study is to assess and map the overall accessibility, effectiveness and sustainability of donor based funds, sponsorships, government funding, small grants and other available funding options for civil society in Macedonia and the Western Balkans region, and identify best practices. The study should entail an analysis of support to civil society in several sectors:
- institutional openness and accountability
- capacity development for active citizenship
- upholding human rights online
- media development
The study should be completed in 15 working days in a period of two months.
Specific Objectives & Deliverables
To develop and/or adjust an existing research methodology for assessing and mapping the overall effectiveness and sustainability of donor based funds, sponsorships, government funding and small grants options for civil society in Macedonia and the Western Balkans region that will be consistent with our mission and vision.
- Written research methodology
To conduct the research based on the previously defined methodology and analyze the results.
- Written draft version of the funding options analysis for CSOs in Macedonia and the Western Balkans.
- Final version of the funding options analysis for CSOs in Macedonia and the Western Balkans.
- To produce a presentation of the main findings of the research and analysis and present it to the Metamorphosis management team.
- To produce a written summary of the research and analysis in maximum two pages.
To regularly consult the Metamorphosis team, especially management and finance sectors.
For this purpose, one member of the Change Team will accompany the expert during the whole process, give support and provide needed information.
- Conduct at least two meetings with the management and finance staff, on in the phase of shaping the methodology and one for presenting the results.
Note that the copyrights for all the produced deliverables as part of this research study process are owned by Metamorphosis Foundation. The final products should all be written in an easily understandable English language and contain visuals that could be re-used by Metamorphosis Foundation.
The contracted consultants should have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Relevant higher academic degree for individuals and/or pool of experts for legal entities
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience, including experience in conducting research studies for civil society organizations in Europe
- Experience with funding opportunities, fundraising and partnership development in relation with civil society organizations and/or media
- Reference list of previously conducted Funding opportunities research studies
- 18 June – Application deadline
- 18 – 22 June – Contract signing
- 25 June – Meeting for defining the methodology
- 16 July – Draft analysis
- 06 August – Final version of analysis
- 08 August – Presentation of the findings
Applications should be submitted to Marija Panchevska, Finance Manager, at email@example.com.
Application should include a CV, a financial proposal including tentative work-plan and a letter of interest of no more than 500 words explaining how your background and experience(s) qualify you or your company for this type of assignment.
Please also provide contact details of two people/organizations as a reference contacts for your ability to undertake this work.
Deadline: 18 June 2018, 17:00h
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to interview.