Open Call: Partnership Scan Research Consultancy Services – Metamorphosis Foundation
The Foundation for Internet and Society, Metamorphosis is seeking consultancy services to conduct a Partnership Scan Research for civil society organizations in the Western Balkans region, with a specific focus on Macedonia. The research study and its findings will be used as a base in the process of developing a three year strategic plan for the Metamorphosis Foundation.
The Metamorphosis Foundation is an independent organization, working in Macedonia and in the wider European home since 2007. Our team is composed of committed democracy activists, united in common cause and the common values of mutual accountability, open communication, and an unshakeable commitment to universal human rights and democracy.
Metamorphosis Foundation works on strengthening the awareness and capacity of citizens and civil society to assume their fullest possible role as activists for democracy, while supporting government to fulfil its democratic role in serving society.
Metamorphosis started a process of developing a program, organizational and institutional strategy in order to guide the Foundation for the coming three years. Part of the strategic plan will be dedicated to finding diverse networking options and partnership opportunities in order to support our mission through which we envisage a society where engaged and aware citizens are actively using innovative tools to exercise their civic rights and responsibilities; vigilant in influencing and holding their government to account, and thus ensuring democratic, accountable, and responsive governance.
Being fully aware of the ever-changing environment in which CSOs operate in Macedonia and the Western Balkans, apart from researching the available new partnership opportunities, it will be important to also analyze the current partnerships that Metamorphosis has.
The purpose of this study is to assess and map the potential networking options and partnership opportunities for Metamorphosis Foundation with civil society organizations, private entities, individuals, government partnerships, media and civil society networks.
The research should focus on partnership opportunities with entities and/or individuals that share the following principles:
- To share similar vision with Metamorphosis Foundation
- To share our core values of openness and accountability
- To commit to universal human rights and democracy
- To have enthusiastic approach towards finding mutual benefits and learning from the partnership
The study should be completed in 10 working days in a period of two months.
Specific Objectives & Deliverables
To develop and/or adjust an existing research methodology for assessing and mapping the potential networking options and partnership opportunities for Metamorphosis Foundation with civil society organizations, private entities, individuals, government partnerships and civil society networks and media.
- Written research methodology
To conduct the research based on the previously defined methodology and analyze the results.
- Written draft version of the Partnership scan research.
- Final version of the Partnership scan research.
- To produce a presentation of the main findings of the Partnership scan research and present it to the Metamorphosis management team.
- To produce a written summary of the Partnership scan research in maximum two pages.
To regularly consult the Metamorphosis team, especially management and program sectors.
For this purpose, one member of the Change Team will accompany the expert during the whole process, give support and provide needed information.
- Conduct at least two meetings with the management and program staff, one in the phase of shaping the methodology and another for presenting the results.
Note that the copyrights for all the produced deliverables as part of this research study is owned by Metamorphosis Foundation. The final products should all be written in an easily understandable English language and contain visuals that could be re-used by Metamorphosis Foundation.
The contracted consultant should have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Relevant higher academic degree for individuals and/or pool of experts and reference list for legal entities
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience, including experience in conducting research studies for civil society in Europe.
- Experience with partnership development in relation with civil society organizations
- Reference list of previously conducted Funding opportunities research studies
- 18 June – Application deadline
- 18 – 22 June – Contract signing
- 25 June – Meeting for defining the methodology
- 16 July – Draft analysis
- 06 August – Final version of analysis
- 08 August – Presentation of the findings
Applications should be submitted to Marija Panchevska, Finance Manager, at email@example.com.
Application should include a CV, a financial proposal including tentative work-plan and a letter of interest of no more than 500 words explaining how your background and experience(s) qualify you or your company for this type of assignment.
Please also provide contact details of two people/organizations as a reference contacts for your ability to undertake this work.
Deadline: 18 June 2018, 17:00h
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to interview.