Metamorphosis Foundation actively works to improve the transparency and accountability of institutions at the central and local level and as part of the USAID Civic Engagement Project, implements activities to enhance the openness of institutions through research, capacity building and tool development.
As part of the project activities, we monitored the implementation of the Action Plan of the Transparency Strategy and monitored the openness of the institutions through the Openness Index. The Openness Index is a composite set of indicators that assesses the performance of the executive branch of power in the area of good governance with a focus on four pillars: accessibility, awareness, integrity and transparency, with an overall theme – open data.
The Metamorphosis Foundation plans to hold two advanced two-day trainings for civil servants, which promote the principles of the Openness Index. The first training was held on 22 and 23 March and was attended by more than 25 representatives of state institutions.
The purpose of the trainings is to prepare civil servants with tools and methods that serve to improve openness in their respective institutions.
The second training will be held on 4 and 5 April at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Skopje.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Understanding openness from a citizen’s perspective;
- How to ensure the effective and proactive exercise of the right of access to information;
- How to use social media and websites to communicate and engage the community;
- The importance of regularly collecting and updating data;
- Ensuring the integrity of civil servants;
- The importance of well-designed and conducted public debates and consultations;
The application form is available at the following link. Registration of participants is open until Friday (March 31), 14:00.
Multiple participants from one institution can apply.