On April 15, 2021, the Observer Research Foundation America, in partnership with the Ministry of Defence of North Macedonia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, and Metamorphosis Foundation, hosted the Global Cyber Policy Dialogues: Western Balkans. The event was organized to further discussions around building capacity in the Western Balkans to address key cyber challenges related to peace and security, cybersecurity and cyber crime, and information disorder. Bruce W. McConnell, Distinguished Fellow, ORF America moderated the event. A summary of the meeting can be found at the bottom of this page.
The meeting featured speaker presentations from:
- Radmila Shekerinska Jankovska, Minister of Defence of North Macedonia.
- Nathalie Jaarsma, Ambassador-at-Large, Security Policy and Cyber, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- Vladimir Radunović, Director, E-diplomacy and Cybersecurity, DiploFoundation.
- Chris Painter, President, Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) Foundation.
- Vilma Tomco, Director General, National Authority for Electronic Certification and Cyber Security of Albania.
- Filip Stojanovski, Director, Partnership and Resource Development, Metamorphosis Foundation.
- Nikolaos Panagiotou, Associate Professor, Peace Journalism Lab, School of Journalism and Mass Communications, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Franziska Klopfer, Project Coordinator, Europe and Central Asia Division, Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance (DCAF).
This event was part of a larger Global Cyber Dialogue Series being organized by ORF America and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands which seeks to convene regional dialogues to address key cyber challenges, strengthen multistakeholder networks, and increase coordination of regional capacity building initiatives. These meetings are intended to complement ongoing international-level cyber norms processes, such as the United Nations Open-ended Working Group (OEWG) and Group of Governmental Experts (GGE).