Digitization of public services is an ongoing process that is part of the initiative for the modernization of public administration.
During the global pandemic, the need for digitalization of public services proved to be inevitable and the need for support of citizens in using digital services offered by the public sector came to the fore. With the project DIGIT ALL, the City of Skopje through Skopje Lab established a Technical Support Center for citizens who submitting electronic applications.
- Support in the application process for financing the Public Call for collecting requests for use of funds from the Budget of the City of Skopje for 2021, intended for financing the program activities of associations and foundations:
- Public call for subsidizing craftsmen in the city of Skopje for procurement of necessary tools and raw materials for endangered crafts
- Public call for collection of requests for use of funds from the Budget of the City of Skopje for 2021 intended for financing activities in the field of education.
- Public call for collection of requests for use of funds from the Budget of the City of Skopje for 2021 intended for financing the activities of associations and foundations
- Public call for collection of requests for use of funds from the Budget of the City of Skopje – Program for consumer protection of the City of Skopje for 2021
- Support in the process of applying for subsidies for:
- Inverter air conditioners for 2021
- Bicycle 2021
- Electric scooters 2021
- Chimneys 2021
The Center has two employees who are actively working on:
- Creating electronic application forms for different calls in cooperation with the departments of the City of Skopje
- Providing technical support of the citizens when applying for the calls
- Assessing citizens’ satisfaction with the use of e-applications
- Identifying needs and challenges in terms of providing and delivering digital public services
The Technical Support Center was established by Skopje Lab, which is managed by SmartUp – Social Innovation Lab Skopje through the project “Inclusive and successful digital transformation for all – DIGITAL ALL”. The funds for the project are provided through a project of the European Union “Increasing Civic Engagement in the Digital Agenda – ICEDA”, implemented by the Metamorphosis Foundation and partners.
SmartUp – Social Innovation Lab Skopje is one of the three organizations from North Macedonia that became part of the ICEDA Network – Increasing Civic Engagement in the Digital Agenda and which in the coming period will work on establishing and managing a civic center to support e-governance through which it will assist the residents of the City of Skopje in the use of e-services at the local level. Apart from North Macedonia, such activities within the ICEDA Network will be implemented in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia, within the project “Increasing Civic Engagement in the Digital Agenda – ICEDA” implemented by the Metamorphosis Foundation (North Macedonia), e-Governance Academy (Estonia), Levizja Mjfat! (Albania), CRTA – Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability (Serbia), NGO 35mm (Montenegro) and ODK – Open Data Kosovo (Kosovo). The project is being implemented with financial support from the European Union.
Note: The text has been republished from the website of Skopje Lab which bear full responsibility for its content. For the original text, click here.