Project title: Increasing Civic Engagement in the Digital Agenda – ICEDA
Main goal of the project
Increasing the engagement of the civil society organizations (CSOs) in the shaping and implementation of the Digital Agenda in the Western Balkans (DAWB).
- To increase the capacity of CSOs and media for tackling challenges related to the Digital Agenda, empowering them to become active participants in the process.
- To enhance the role of CSOs in aiding state institutions to better exploit the potential of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in order to improve the quality of their e-services to the citizens and increase their openness.
- To strengthen the online trust and security by providing trainings and awareness-raising through a network of CSOs promoting digital literacy, skills, and inclusion at regional, national and local levels.
- To increase the visibility of issues related to Digital Agenda within civil society and media.
- To increase the citizen demand for quality e-services through training and awareness-raising by the CSOs.
- Local CSOs and local media.
- Citizens as current and prospective users of e-services
- Public/state institutions providing e-services at national and local levels
- Advanced Digital Agenda through a network of 30 CSOs from the Western Balkans supported by a Small Grants Scheme implementing concrete initiatives.
- Published research on the state of e-government in the five countries.
- Formed 15 local e-gov support centres run by CSO network members.
- Improved skills of CSOs and media professionals at a local level to recognize and tackle challenges related to the Digital Agenda.
- Increased use of e-government services by citizens in targeted areas.
- Enhanced dialogue between CSOs and governmental institutions for inclusive citizen-centered Digital Agenda by providing recommendations for improvement of e-government services, via developed and disseminated evidence-based research.
- Research of the state of e-government development & digital literacy in targeted countries.
- Creation of a CSO Network for the Digital Agenda for the Western Balkans.
- Capacity building of CSOs and media using a suite of trainings.
- Awarding small grants to 30 CSOs for promoting and advancing the Digital Agenda.
- Supporting citizens and vulnerable groups to use the existing e-gov. services.
Project duration: 01.02.2020 – 31.01.2023 (36 months)
Financial support: European Union
- Metamorphosis Foundation (North Macedonia) – metamorphosis.org.mk
- e-Governance Academy (Estonia) – ega.ee
- CRTA – Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability (Serbia) – crta.rs
- NGO 35mm (Montenegro) – nvo35mm.org
- Open Data Kosovo (ODK) (Kosovo) – opendatakosovo.org
- Lѐvizja Mjaft! (Albania) – mjaft.org