The event will take place in Skopje in the premises of the Economic Chamber of Macedonia, (Dimitrie Cupovski 13, 10:00-12:00h).
Purpose of the round table is to provide a public space to review the current situation with privacy in Macedonia, especially in context of the electronic communications, with representatives of all stakeholders being invited; relevant ministries and other government bodies, independent regulatory bodies, experts, traditional and new media, as well as representatives of the private and civil society sector.
The round table agenda will cover:
1. Keynote speeches delivered by
- Mr. Tito Petkovski, MP and Chairperson of the Committee on Transport, Communications and Environment in the Assembly of the Republic of Macedonia (confirmed)
- Representative of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Macedonia
- Ms. Valentina Dimkovska, Directorate for Personal Data Protection (confirmed)
- Jovan Jovcheski PhD, University American College, Skopje (confirmed)
- Mr. Filip Stojanovski, Metamorphosis Foundation (confirmed)
2. Open discussion
During the debate, Metamorphosis will present its report on the situation of online privacy in Macedonia in 2009, as well as its position regarding the recently proposed amendments to the Law on Electronic Communications.
Entrance is free, and it is desirable that participants announce their presence via e-mail email@example.com or via the Facebook event page.