Event Invitation: Freedom Not Fear – International Action Days
Once again, Macedonia joins the international Freedom Not Fear movement supporting the following basic principles:
- We want freedom of speech in a digitalized world and a free and uncensored internet to express ourselves
- We want privacy in the knowledge society, not surveillance
- We want to live in freedom, not in fear
The Metamorphosis Foundation is inviting representatives of the media, NGOs and other associations, government and educational institutions, the private sector and all other citizens to express their support by participating in the public event which is to be held on September 26, 2014 – Friday, 11 am in the GEM club (Menada) in the Old Skopje Bazaar.
The event in Skopje is part of the International Action Days taking place September 26-29, 2014 supported by over 150 organizations worldwide. In addition, a series of events including a conference and public debates with activists and members of the European Parliament will be held in Brussels, as well as a protest march in Luxembourg.
Macedonia takes part in the Freedom Not Fear movement since 2008. Further information about the worldwide movement is available at www.freeedomnotfear.org.
Activities planned for the event in Skopje
- Discussion about the demands of the Freedom Not Fear movement
- Public signing of a petition for support of the demands
- Distribution of promotional material (t-shirts)