REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS (RFA) # CEP-SSG-03
Strategic Support Grants (SSG)
USAID’s Civic Engagement Project in Macedonia invites civil society organizations (CSO) in Macedonia to apply for Strategic Support Grants (SSGs).
CEP is a five-year USAID-funded program that contributes to achieve two objectives: (1) strengthening constructive engagement by CSOs on policies and issues of public concern; and (2) increasing and sustaining youth engagement in public life in Macedonia. CEP is implemented by East West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI), in partnership with four local CSOs: Metamorphosis, Foundation for Internet and Society (Metamorphosis), the Association for Democratic Initiatives (ADI), the Foundation for Open Society – Macedonia (FOSM), and the National Youth Council of Macedonia (NYCM). SSGs are managed by Metamorphosis.
The aim of this round of SSGs is to support initiatives of CSOs, including think tanks, that address the following priority areas:
- Support for sustainable cities and communities. This includes initiatives that transform and make cities and communities more inclusive, safer, resilient and sustainable; addressing the link between quality of life in cities and how cities manage natural resources; providing solutions for accelerated demand for basic services, infrastructure, jobs, land, and affordable housing, without neglecting the urban poor communities living in informal settlements;
- Supporting the community resilience component of the Government of Macedonia’s National Strategy on Countering Violent Extremism (CVE). This includes initiatives that strengthen social cohesion of communities at higher risk of experiencing religion and ethnic-based radicalization;
- Promoting and supporting social entrepreneurship and social enterprises. This includes initiatives that focus on addressing the needs of marginalized and vulnerable groups by combining social innovation and social responsibility.
CEP will award up to 7 (seven) grants resulting from this RfA. The maximum grant amount is 90,000 USD for a project that may last not less than 24 (twenty four) and up to 27 (twenty seven) months. CEP reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted.
To download the full Request for Application, the Application Form, and the Budget Template for Strategic Support Grants, please see the attached files:
- Request for Application (RFA)
- Application Form
- Budget Template
- Guidelines for Budget Notes
CLARIFICATIONS REGARDING THE RFA CAN BE FOUND HERE
Alternatively, please contact Metamorphosis Grants Coordinator, Ms. Elena Trifunovska, at firstname.lastname@example.org for the application package.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
14:00, OCTOBER 22, 2018