The Metamorphosis Foundation, in cooperation with the Ministry of Information Society and Administration, implemented activities to provide support to four new state institutions for the publication of open data. The support for the opening of the data sets of the central government institutions is realized within the framework of the USAID Project for Civic Engagement, while this specific activity is being implemented for the third time.
In 2020, support for the opening of data sets was provided to the following five institutions:
- Ministry of Local Self-Government
- The State Commission for Prevention of Corruption
- The Public Revenue Office
- The Agency for Real Estate Cadastre
- The State Market Inspectorate
In 2021, support for the opening of data sets was provided to the following five institutions:
- Public Procurement Bureau
- Public Health Institute
- Ministry of Education and Science
- General Secretariat under the Government of RNM
- Ministry of Internal Affairs
In 2022, support for the opening of data sets was provided to the following five institutions:
- Employment Agency
- Personal Data Protection Agency
- Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning
- Pension and Disability Insurance Fund
For the duration of the support, there was regular communication with representatives of all institutions, which, due to the situation with the Covid-19 virus, mostly took place online.
The Open Data Officers, as well as the other representatives of the institutions, regularly consulted with the national experts on open data, the team from the Metamorphosis Foundation, and the experts from MISA, with the aim of providing better quality data sets for citizens, and improving the internal processes and procedures in the institutions themselves.
The success of the process, which depended to a great extent on the commitment and cooperation of the representatives of the institutions, was shown through the final results and adopted procedures: all institutions adopted the Open Data Procedure, cataloged the data sets under their jurisdiction, and conducted prioritization of data sets from the Institution’s Catalog.