Journalists-reviewers will be part of the team of journalists who will be identifying important daily news, conducting reviews of such content and occasionally write longer articles for public education regarding the implementation of journalist standards.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- graduates in the field of journalism, communications or a related field;
- their professional media engagement is based on the Code of Journalists of Macedonia or any other equivalent code of ethical and professional standards adopted by the relevant organization of journalists (this commitment to accept the self-regulation standards should be explained in the motivation letter );
- minimum 2 years of work experience in media;
- analytical skills;
- good knowledge of written Macedonian or Albanian literary language.
- Priority will be given to candidates who:
- are not currently employed in Macedonian media;
- are members of professional associations of journalists committed to the promotion of professional standards;
- can monitor and review media in Macedonian or Albanian language on a professional level.
Applicants should send a CV and a letter of motivation, as well as links to three of their articles or scanned posts via e-mail to info[at]metamorphosis.org.mk.
The deadline for submitting applications is September 10, 2013.
Metamorphosis provides equal opportunities and a fair and equitable treatment in hiring associates, regardless of their race, color, sex, ethnic origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation.
The project, supported by the American people, aims to empower Macedonian citizens to hold the media accountable and to assist journalists in the implementation of their professional standards, by providing online tools and resources for public education and awareness raising.