The open days are to be held in the municipal buildings in:
- Chair, June 15 (Wednesday) 12:00-13:00h.
- Debar, June 16 (Thursday) 12:00-13:00h.
- Gostivar, June 17 (Friday) 12:00-13:00h.
- Tetovo, June 17 (Friday) 14:00-15:00h.
The Commissions for Inter-Ethnic Relations (CIRs) are bodies composed of representatives of all the ethnic communities in the multiethnic municipalities that the municipal councils are obliged to consult when it comes to resolving issues related to ethnic identity.
Two publications developed with the support from the European Union under the MEC project (Model for Efficient Communication between the Commissions for Interethnic Relations and the Citizens) will be promoted during the open days in order to share the experiences acquired and provide guidance for further work of both the CIRs and the institutions of the system. The publications that are to be promoted are available in 7 languages spoken in Macedonia, and in English.
- Guidelines for the Commissions for Interethnic Relations – explaining the legal frameworks and providing practical guidelines for all the stakeholders
- Conclusions and recommendations from the conference “How to make the CIRs more efficient” held in Skopje on March 9, 2011 and attended by representatives of the central and local government, as well as the civil sector
The MEC project was implemented in 2010 and early 2011, and aside from the publications, development of e-learning content was also enabled as well as development of an information infrastructure for the CIR institutional memory – available to the public via the website www.mek.mk.