The USAID Civic Engagement Project in Macedonia (CEP) invites civil society organizations (CSOs) in Macedonia to apply for Strategic Support Grants (SSGs).
CEP is a five year USAID-funded program that contributes to achieve two objectives: (1) strengthened influence of CSOs on policies and programs related to priority issues of citizen concern; and (2) increased and sustained youth engagement in public life in Macedonia. CEP is implemented by East West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI), in partnership with four local CSOs: the Foundation for Internet and Society “Metamorphosis” (Metamorphosis), the Association for Democratic Initiatives (ADI), the Foundation Open Society – Macedonia (FOSM), and the National Youth Council of Macedonia (NYCM). SSGs will be managed by Metamorphosis.
SSGs’ aim to support CSOs, including think tanks, that work in the following priority areas:
- Good Governance
- Local Economic Development
- Community Development
- Civic Engagement/Community Involvement
- Citizens’ participation in planning and assessing public services
The Project plans to award up to 8 (eight) grants resulting from this RfA. The maximum grant award for each proposal is 120,000 USD covering activities that may last up to 3 (three) years, and not less than 30 (thirty) months.
More specifically, this RfA seeks to support the following illustrative activities under the above listed priority areas:
- Establish innovative mechanisms to ensure regular feedback from citizens regarding their perception of and trust in public institutions at the central and local government level;
- Contribute to public services’ improvement by strengthening or introducing mechanisms for public participation and community development, to create long-term solutions for citizens’ priority concerns;
- Increase civic engagement through community development and beautification activities;
- Support the promotion and development of vocational and non-formal educational programs that lead to job placement for youth and vulnerable groups, including orphans, victims of domestic violence, disabled people, ethnic minorities, and LGBTI people; and
- Support the development and implementation of effective laws, regulations, and state programs in the priority areas mentioned above.
To download the application form, and the Budget Template for the SSGs, please read below or write to Ms. Qendresa Sulejmani, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS: 16:00, OCTOBER 31, 2017
- RFA CEP SSG 02 Announcement (.pdf)
- Request for Applications (RFA) # CEP-SSG-02 (.pdf)
- Application form (.docx)
- Budget Template (.xlsx)
- RFA CEP SSG 02 – checklist (.docx)
CLARIFICATIONS REGARDING THE RFA CAN BE FOUND HERE