Main goal of the project
Integrating the Misinformation Management System in the work of existing state institutions, the Ministry of Health and its subsidiary institutions, and helping them use it to more efficiently address the needs of the citizens they serve.
– Health system professionals
– Online social listening platform and rumour log focused on immunization within the structures of the government communication team established;
– Misinformation Management System (MMS) expert body established within Government structures;
– Activities for developing media reporting capacity on immunization implemented.
– Establish an online and offline social listening platform (Misinformation Management System – MMS);
– Training for relevant staff within health institutions to implement SOPs;
– Engage communication experts to work with Expert Body on preparation of Annual Plan and other supporting documents based on the Strategy and SOPs;
– Monthly coordinative meetings of the project working group with Project Expert Working Group;
– Advocacy meetings with decision makers in the government to adopt Strategy and Annual Plan;
– Thematic briefings on topics identified through the Misinformation Management System
– Comparative report analysing the quality of reporting;
– Training on communication with media and fact-checking on health issues (“Dialogues with the Media”).
Project duration: June 19, 2023 – January 15, 2024
Financial support: USAID
Project partners: UNICEF and Ministry of Health, Institute for Public Health, Office of the President of the Government of the Republic of North Macedonia, Vistinomer.mk, Meta.mk, Portalb.mk and media network of local portals