The created network will be part of the project “Balkan e-waste management advocacy network” and include 10 organizations dealing with environment issues or working in another field close to the purpose and activities of the project. The project goal is to improve the legal and institutional framework that would contribute to proper e-waste management in Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia and Bulgaria. The project duration is 24 months.
The selected members of the e-waste management advocacy network will be provided with funds and logistics for the following activities:
- All organizations will participate in trainings aiming at building their capacities for proper e-waste management.
- Inclusion in research aimed at analyzing the current situation with electronic waste in the country.
- Organization of public events for awareness raising about e-waste.
- Participation in workshops for knowledge sharing.
- Participation in the preparation of a guide for e-waste management.
Organizations interested in taking part in the project and willing to apply for the call should send:
- List of relevant projects they have worked on so far (organization’s portfolio)
- List of human resources available to the organization.
- Brief statement of why they would like to be included and how they would contribute to a more successful implementation of the project activities.
Organizations will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Past projects and experience.
- Geographic dispersion, in order to cover as much as possible of the country’s territory.
- Motivation for inclusion in the project.
Applications and inquiries for further information should be sent to:
mobile: 075 495 307
tel: 02/3225 206
Deadline for applications: May 12, 2010.