Good Governance / ACTION SEE – Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in SEE / Other
Request for applications – Grants for civil society organizations
ACTION SEE – Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in SEE announces:
Request for Applications
Grants for Civil Society Organizations
ACTION SEE announce this Request for Applications to provide support to civil society organizations to promote good governance and rule of law through a grant scheme awarding approximately 25-30 small grants to CSOs from Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania and Kosovo (5-6 grants per country), through the following two types of grants, in the range between EUR 6.000 to EUR 8.000 per grant:
- Support to local CSOs to perform initiatives within one country.
- Support to CSOs to perform initiatives between two or more countries from the region.
It will provide support for targeted advocacy campaigns and policy initiatives that will contribute to achieving the following overall ACTION SEE objectives:
- Enhancing the involvement of civil society and media organisations in the creation of public opinion, policymaking and participation in the decision-making mechanisms;
- Increasing capacities of civil society to build its constituencies and tackle bold issues.
The initiatives supported by the Small Grants Scheme are expected to focus on tackling rule of law and good governance issues, in particular anti-corruption, transparency, and access to information, data protection and use of public funds, within the following targeted areas:
- Free Access to Public Information Act (Freedom of Information – FOI)
- Financing of political parties
- Corrupt Public Procurement Practices
- Bribery Practices
- Privacy and Security
- Election-related concerns
- Breach of Duty
The grants will target primarily smaller CSOs in order to provide a learning experience and help them build their capacities to fundraise and subsequently participate in grant calls by the EU and other donors. Furthermore, partnership with at least one media will be required.
The full description of the call, as well as the application forms can be found at the following links.
- Call to support the actions of networks of civil society organizations (Updated version 23.12.2016: Audit report – optional for organizations with above 30.000 eur annual turnover; One organization can apply with only one project application as a lead applicant.)
- Application Form
- Budget Form
- Implementation Timeframe Form
Deadline for submission of complete applications: January 15, 2017 at 16:00 hrs, exclusively by online application form. Application forms must be completed using English language.
Applicants that would need clarifications or need additional information about the competition, are invited to send them by e-mail to email@example.com before December 20, 2016, so they can receive the responses in time before the final deadline expires.
The “Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in South East Europe – ACTION SEE” project is funded by the European Union and is implemented by Metamorphosis Foundation, Westminster Foundation for Democracy, CRTA – Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability, Citizens Association Why not?, Center for Democratic Transition, Open Data Kosovo (ODK) and Levizja Mjaft!.
|The “Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in South East Europe – ACTION SEE” project is implemented by Metamorphosis Foundation, Westminster Foundation for Democracy, CRTA – Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability, Citizens Association Why not?, Center for Democratic Transition, Open Data Kosovo (ODK) and Levizja Mjaft!.||This project is funded by the European Union|